Delaware Nursing Home Contracture Attorneys

Contracture develops when flexible muscle tissue that is attached to the bone is replaced by rigid, inelastic tissue. Muscles or tendons can become shortened or frozen in a fixed position, preventing normal movement of the joint. It is commonly referred to as "frozen joints."

Contracture results from prolonged periods of inactivity and immobility. It can be prevented by nursing home personnel by taking simple measures such as moving a nursing home resident's joints daily. Unfortunately, many nursing home residents who suffer from contractions do so because some nursing home facilities lack a sufficient number of staff members or the staff members fail to provide the proper preventive measures.

Once contracture occurs, it is difficult to alleviate and can only be treated by orthopedic surgery. It is often the result of nursing home neglect. If you have a family member who you suspect may be a victim of nursing home neglect that resulted in contracture, the law firm of Nitsche & Fredricks LLC has the resources, the experience and the commitment to fully investigate your case.

Dover Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer

Our experienced Delaware nursing home contracture lawyers work with medical specialists and aggressive investigators to determine if:

  • Frequent repositioning of your loved one was conducted
  • The bed or wheelchair was modified properly
  • Enough evaluation was conducted
  • Cushioning devices or other preventative devices were provided
  • The staff is adequately trained and supervised

Our attorneys work with clients throughout Delaware on a contingency basis, which means you only pay attorney fees if we recover a financial settlement or verdict for you.

We invite you to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation in which we will review the facts of your case, answer your questions and recommend the best course of action. Contact us to schedule an appointment.

avvo the best lawyers million dollar super lawyers lexis nexis
Contact UsFree Consultation for Injury Cases
Contact form